Thursday 29 March 2012

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your magazine and why? (DRAFT)

Bauer Media Group is the institution I choose to publish my magazine because of the similarity between the magazines they publish and the one I wanted to create. Bauer Media Group are well known for publishing Kerrang and Q magazine and because Kerrang magazine is orientated around rock and Q magazine around rock and indie I thought this would be a much suitable institution. My magazine is similar to their genre’s but appeals to a more music developing niche whilst also appealing to young teenagers who are constantly trying to find new music and the next big thing, for these reasons I think the intuition would like to publish my magazine.  Looking at the demographics of Q magazine they had a majority audience of males at 60% to 40%. This was similar to the demographics I wanted but I still wanted to make my magazine available to a wider selection of female audiences. To do so I decided to have a young female model to attract a young female audience because they would be able to relate to each other. This institution would distribute my magazine because it’s different to their already distributed magazines but offers a similar genre of music in which they know there is a large growing audience for.

No comments:

Post a Comment