Friday 30 March 2012

7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product? (DRAFT)

I have particular learnt from my prelim the essentials it takes to create a good front cover image. I have learnt the importance of positioning, direction, lighting and angle to atract the auddience. For example with my final front image I have found a front face image is much more bolder and attention grabbing than the side view image used for my prelim, this is also because the model is looking straight into the camera (therefore right into the viewers eyes) this makes the magazine allot more appealing and grabs the attention of the reader. The positioning of the image is very central unlike my prelim because I found as I moved my image around it was allot more attention grabbing when placed in the center, this is because it goes through all the points of interest on the rule of thirds so all attention and eye contact is attracted to the image.
Moving from my prelim and mostly learning from trial and error I found that a main cover line had to contrast well with the front cover image in order not to stand out incase  the readers eye contact was taken away from the image to quickly. I also found that quite a low positioning on the page was the best because it went through a line of interest. I found it difficult to have the right colour to blend in with the models clothing and the rest of the magazine colour scheme where as my prelim was easy because the model's clothing was black. I found placing a background around the wording was just as effective and in this case looked very aesthetically pleasing and matched the rest of the page.
When creating my banner I thought much more about the advertisement side and what real purpose this element has. On my school magazine I simply added it to give the page more colour and the text didn't show offers or any insight into the magazine as it just simply stated subjects within the magazine that the reader would have already known. Instead of the same thing happening on my music magazine I gained an understanding of how to advertise certain features within and as shown I decided the text would show the extra features of the magazine that might reach out to a wider audience and might be an added bonus in which makes them decide to buy the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment